Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Eagle's Nest

A few weekends ago we got together with my new parent group again. This time we ventured to a very fun indoor playground called the Eagle's Nest in New Brighton. What a cool place! It has a toddler area for our kiddoes but also a big playground for the older kids. It was great to see all the kids and moms, but especially fun to see the kids moving around and starting to play together! Most of the kids are crawling if not walking and then there are those who scoot like Linnea. She is not the only one!
Below she is in a "tree" with her lil friend Maryn.
Here she is below...so close to walking! She absolutely loves cruising around on whatever she can...furniture, the wall, people, whatever! Even her rocking chair! She is so close to taking those first steps. Chris and I have a very fun time practicing with her by sitting a few feet apart and seeing what she does when we let go of her hand. She has sort of walked between us but usually she falls into one of laps and cracks up. I will put a video up soon of that exciting event!
Here she is by a pretty fake flower with daddy.
I feel so lucky to be able to be home with her right now. It's fun to experience and help her with all of her new developments. Lots of my new mom friends are working moms and I will sooner than later have to become a working mom again because I cannot collect unemployment forever. I will definitely be leaning on them for support!
But for now I will keep going to our fun storytimes, music classes and making playdate with my other stay at home mom friends!

1 comment:

Megan Zeilinger said...

We should go to Eagle's Nest! I used to have meetings there all the time but never have brought the kids there. The pictures of Linnea are very cute! Can't wait for Sunday! I hope Chris feels all right to go. Otherwise hopefully we will still see you there!