Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Torchlight Parade

The Winter Carnival has come and gone and I havent posted about it! I am so sorry I am so behind! Anyways...like I mentioned in a previous post we did go look at the ice sculptures before they melted and we also made it to the Torchlight Parade this year. We usually don't go because we are involved in the City of Lakes Loppet but since there was absolutely no snow we decided not to pay to go on a winter hike (as pretty as it would have been, watching a parade for free sounded better) My parents, Linnea and I met up with Brian and Megan and their kids for the first part of the parade. Bri and fam left early but we stayed for the whole thing and then ate a late dinner at McDonald's. I had some free coupons from LivingSocial so we thought that'd be an easy and cheap route to go. The parade was quite loud but very fun! Linnea even got some candy! We hoped to see some fireworks at the end but got way to cold and didnt know exactly when they would start so we decided to leave. But not without posing with some Charles Schulz statues!





Rice Park at night is so pretty!

No comments: