Wednesday, December 26, 2012

NPC Party and Baking Day!

The second Sat in Dec we had our annual New Parent Connection Book Exchange. 4 years later I finally got around to hosting the party. I was a little nervous to do it without Chris but we managed just fine! Harper slept for a while after I fed her which gave me time to get the French Toast bake in and  set out the other food. Linnea was very helpful with setting some stuff up and coloring and watching a few shows. She was very excited her friends were coming over :)

Here is the part of the group that could make it plus some siblings :) It is so fun that we are all still friends and that quite a few of us have had baby number two or have one on the way! Even though the kids only see each other once a month if that they play wonderfully!



The rest of the day was spent doing crafts and waiting for the snow and daddy. We watched some of How to Train Your Dragon when daddy got home since we managed to eat and do baths before he got home.

We got to bed somewhat early since I needed to get out the door for Sunday School at my parents church and then baking at my parents house!



That snow we were waiting for Saturday night definitely came! The roads were just fine getting to my parents on Sunday morning but by evening they were pretty awful so the girls and I had a sleepover. 
Dylan and Jake had slept over Saturday night so they were still there Sunday morning into the afternoon. We took some time to build a snowman and play in the snow before baking. But once we started baking we were very productive! 




I got all my andes mint cookies made for a cookie exchange and a few more Rudolph treats for Linnea's Polar Express Birthday Party on Wednesday. 



I also made a new kind of cookie...candy cane kiss blossoms I'm calling them. 


Thanks for all the help mom!

I may be done with my baking now besides making the Reindeer Chex Mix and helping with Chris' goodies.

I'm sorry the pictures are a little cloudy...I was missing my camera for these fun days so these are from my phone.


No comments: