Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2 Weeks Old!

Well I havent had time to put her 2 week picture on the computer but I will soon! For now you will get just a written update!

Linnea turned 2 weeks old on Sunday. I think for a long time whenever a Sunday comes Chris and I will think about that Sunday December 21st when we headed to St. Joes to have a baby! She has overrall been a great baby the last week. We were very busy which sometimes wore her out enough to sleep through the night (well sort of, we wake her every 4 hours to feed her). But sometimes she would eat at night and then want to stay up and play, cry or watch tv, swing or be rocked until the next feeding time. It is always a guessing game when we go to bed. We just dont know what kind of nights sleep we will get. Chris had to start work again Monday but has been able to leave a few hours early both yesterday and today so that has been wonderful for us! I am kind of a lost in this new mom role...caring for a newborn is so different than the age group I am used to working with!

I am still having to pump my breastmilk and then we feed it to her in bottle form. Linnea and I try to get the latch to work about 2 or 3 times a day, but not at night, she is just too tired and crabby to deal with it and so is mom. We are thinking about having a lactation consultant come to help and I may attend some La Leche League meetings. We will see.

All of the events I talked about in the last blog went very well...we enjoyed New Years in Mpls for a little while, had great Christmas celebrations with both sides of the family and had a fun pizza night last night my parents and Mack, Timo and Lynn before Mack and Timo headed back to Germany.

As much as we LOVED the celebrating and showing off our little angel we are looking forward to the next few weeks when all we have planned is getting to know Linnea and figuring out somewhat of a schedule.

Oh she is crying...I think it may be a hunger cry...I am trying to figure out her cries and what they mean.

Oh one funny thing before I end...we gave her bath one of these days (all the days run together) and the little lady decided to pee on mommys pants!!! We also have some entertaining diaper changes...going through three at a time definitely happens at least once a day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed seeng you Mon.night.You're right, babies are a guessing game and things will get better. Linnea is a little bundle of joy that is worth everything. See you soon.
Grandma H.

Melissa Lynn Potts Long said...

Sounds like everything is going well & I couldn't be happier for you guys! :) love ya & miss ya!