Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Daycare!

Well here we are on day 3 of daycare. And yes I am writing this before daycare...we leave around 6:40 but the squirt got up 20 minutes earlier than usual so we have some extra time on our hands. The transition to daycare and work is going surprisingly well. I have took peoples advice and just look forward to 2:15 when I get pick her up. I cant seem to get there fast enough! Chris came with the first day to do the drop off and that was VERY helpful or I may have just driven right by daycare. Linnea was much stronger than mommy the first day. She went into Sandy's arms and just kind of looked around and then watched Chris and I leave. I didnt cry until saying bye to Chris. I figured if the baby wasnt crying in front of me I better not either!
Anyways..I got to work fine and was welcomed with many hugs and excited hellos from the kindergartners so that was helpful too. Linnea has been all smiles both days I have picked her up and she is getting good reports from the providers as well. They say she is very sweet which we of course knew! They did say she seems a little scared when the other kids cry and she takes good naps, and had some trouble eating the first day. But yesterday she ate much better. I have to say I at least kind of enjoy the drive in...its right along the river road and by Minnehaha Falls. The picture below is before we left on the 2nd day...I guess we forgot to take one the first day. But Sandy has one. She will be putting together a scrapbook for Linnea!


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Good job Amy!! I am proud of you, it is so hard to leave our little babies for the whole day. I cried at daycare the first day I had to go back to work. And I had even done a few practice drop-offs! I totally agree that I can never get there fast enough when the work day is over! Congrats mama! :)

Lisa said...

I'm glad the transition is going well, Amy. Your little Linnea is so stinkin' cute! She's growing so fast, too! Enjoy your weekend together!