Monday, October 26, 2009

10 Months Old

Here I am at 10 months with my elephant. I turned 10 months right before our annual family trip up north so mom thought it would be fun to take a few monthly growth pictures up there instead of in the chair and crib here.
I have some news that my parents were afraid to mention on the blog yet because they think I am teasing them again. See, around 2 months I teased them and slept thru the night for about 2 weeks. But since then, I have been waking up a few times a night and needing them to help me fall back to sleep. That is, until they put me through baby boot camp, sleep training, crying it out, whatever you want to call it. Anyways they have been doing this to me since I was 9 months old. The first week they slept downstairs because then they would be farther from my screaming. But I only screamed for a half hour that first night. The rest of the nights I would whimper just til mom left the room. I have heard them say they did this because getting up every 4 or 6 hours for 9 months is long enough. We all need more sleep and we will be happier and healthier. So I did it. I sleep through the night now! Even on trips and at the grandparents house I do okay. I may need to sleep with mom or dad after sleeping a while on my own but they think that's okay for now.
They did just throw something else new in my life. A different bedroom! My nursery is now their old room and they are in mine. Last night I woke up terrified in there after sleeping for 2 hours and mom had to calm me down with some rocking and rereading my fav bedtime story. However, mommy played with me a lot in there today and I napped in there so I think I am more used to it and will be okay tonight. I do have some teeth coming in though.
Oh this is tough being a baby...I could go on and on!

No comments: