Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hope everyone had fun with the color green in one way or another on Saint Patrick's Day!
Linnea still had a fever on and off yesterday and a terrible cough so she was home from daycare and our annual St. Patty's Day party with Irish stew, Irish soda bread, green beer and green desserts was cancelled. We also missed the parade in Downtown which was sort of becoming a tradition for Linnea and I, but that's okay there will always be parades and we are hoping the more easy we take it, the faster Linnea will get well. Chris worked yesterday morning and then I worked in the afternoon so Linnea had one of us throughout the day and then my parents came over for dinner.


We had homemade by me minestrone soup, Irish beer and a creme de menthe cake from my parents for our St. Paddy's Day fun.

A leprechaun did come and visit and hid some gold coins (chocolate) which L got a kick out of as you can see below. A big grin which was nice to see after her days of being sick.

At work one of my co workers made boiled dinner for our class which was delicious! Everyone was wearing green and on my drive in I saw a sea of green and fun costumes as everyone was walking to the parade.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like the Leprechaun is sitting next to Grandma... except where's the green?
We had a great time the other night!
Bapa