Friday, May 27, 2011

Our Week.

I feel like this week flew by and before I know it school will be out and the days will go by even quicker with all our summer activities and plans! Only 11 days to go of school and then as of now I will be off for the summer. Im hoping to find a job that allows me to work Wed, Thurs and Fri from about 9-4 or Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. We are planning on sending Linnea to daycare 3 days a week so she doesn't lose the connections she has made there and so that we don't have to go through the transition back to daycare in the fall. As of now I am returning to Bridgeview as a special ed aide but will be working in the elementary age group rather than middle school. I'm hoping for less behavior problems! I know there will be some, but it has to be better than this year or I won't make it.

Anyways...this week started with a big grocery shopping trip to Rainbow on Sunday with my lil helper. I finally got the motivation to find recipes and start making better meals than I have been this last month. It has been a tough last month...more on that later. Linnea seems to enjoy shopping and riding in the cart still so I'm very lucky. She sings and sings and says hi to everyone passing by and asks me what everything is. This time upon our return home she decided to be interested, very interested, in helping us put things away! It was so cute! She put all the yogurt away. Yes it may have been upside down but she found a great home on her eye level shelf for the yogurt. I think she also likes to come because she usually gets to pick out something new to try and she gets to snack a lil in the cart and we usually end up opening up the apple juice!

Linnea and I went to watch Dylan's T-Ball game and played at a new park on Tuesday. On Wednesday we headed over to our friends house for dinner and to meet their 1 month old baby girl and also see our friends who were visiting from AZ. We will be going to their wedding in October! Linnea had a blast since we were at her friend Sophia's house. They played and played and overrall stayed in good spirits even though they were both up way past their bedtime!

Thursday we played in our backyard and grilled and then it was today, Friday already! We were hoping to grill again and go to a new park but the weather stopped us from doing that so we just played inside and took a trip to REI to find Linnea some toddler Tevas. We had success and they are so cute! She is so proud of them too. It is very hit or miss with anything to do with Linnea's feet so the fact that I was by myself and got her into new pair of shoes was reason enough to buy them! (but really she did need new shoes anyways, her hand me downs are getting more and more worn and kind of smelly!) Chris and I went and splurged on some Keen sandals for ourselves last weekend since they were way on sale! The sale was still going on today so we got Linnea's on sale too. Now we will have great shoes for some hiking/camping this summer! YAY!

We also played night night tonight and here are some pics of the fun:

Sorry we dont have any more pics for this post...we just were lazy about getting the camera out :(








Oh for those wondering about Linnea's photo contest...we didn't win anything in this one but we will keep trying!

No comments: