Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Plays, Music, Sick and Birthdays!

Along with lefse making our holiday season began with a trip to Stages Theater with friends to see A Charlie Brown Christmas! Linnea and I LOVED it and poor Harper must have been coming down with something as she slept through almost all of it. she would have loved it though with all the music and dancing.






 Waiting in line for autographs and pictures with the stars!





I sent Linnea with some little turkey sandwiches for Thanksgiving week :)


I was lucky enough to join the ladies in Chris' family at a lovely Christmas concert by Lorie Line. I had never heard of her but if it involved Christmas and Christmas music I knew Id love it. And I did. It was on a Tuesday night in Red Wing so it got pretty late getting home but Im such a night owl it was fine.



Such pretty props and music. She is an extremely talented pianist and finds great singers to sing along with her. At one point she had the audience throw out song titles and then she did an impromptu medley of them all! There must have been at least  20! It was pretty cool!



 Chris and I's tradition is to watch this sometime around Thanksgiving. We try for the night before or night of but this year we had some sick kids so we split it up but got through it and laughed a lot :)


Some of what Linnea is thankful for:


Her kitten coco and mom and dad. And she is thankful for having a home.


This meal was delivered around 6pm on Thanksgiving since Linnea was sick, Harper wasn't great and neither was Chris. They had some friends come over still so they weren't alone and these friends happened to live by us so I was able to send my contributions (pumpkin cran bread, green bean casserole, and a cran orange cream chz spread) with them :) 


Harper LOVED the mashed potatoes from grandma!


Everyone felt well enough by Saturday to go get our tree! We just had time to go to a local lot but it was a beauty! I missed cutting it down but its the way goes sometimes :)



After getting the tree we headed to Edina for my friends sons bday party at Edinborough. It was a dinosaur theme and I helped make the signs :)




What a blast we had celebrating the sweet 4 year old! We made the most of our long holiday weekend even though we had some sickos. We know we have so much to be thankful for :)

No comments: