Monday, September 29, 2008

30 Weeks Pregnant and a 10 Year High School Reunion!


















This past Saturday night baby, Chris and I attended my 10 year high school reunion and had an absolute blast! I think the Woodbury Class of 1998 was a pretty special class. There were so many people there I hadn't talked to in years but the way we were chatting and laughing it was like we talked yesterday. Our principal even showed up and did the ROYALS pepfest cheer! He is the best!

The festivities began on Friday night with a tour of the high school and holy cow has it changed!! There is an indoor track, additional classrooms and hallways and apparently a whole new gymnastics training room in the basement but we didn't get to see that. After the tour some classmates went to the homecoming football game. I didn't really pay attention to the game in HS and I still didn't this past Friday. My friends and I were too busy catching up, however I do know that Woodbury won! WAHOO! That is something that didn't happen to often in my 4 years as a Royal. It was a great night for homecoming too! When the game ended, some friends such as myself and three others stayed and talked while others headed to Throwbacks for drinks and dancing. When the fun conversations ended I went to my friend Alison's house down the road from the HS with our friend Jamie for more reminiscing. When the clock ticked midnight I knew it was time for baby and I to get home. Chris stayed home to watch the debates Friday.

He did come on Saturday with one of my girlfriend's/classmates fiances for a couple hours. That way the two of them didn't have to get there two hours early to set up and didn't have to stay until the wee hours of the morning but we could still show them off while they were there! My parents even got to join in on reunion fun since they were nice enough to check people in. Go parents! The night was full of good appetizers, good conversations and very fun memories...sparked by a great slideshow! Thanks for all your hard work on that Melissa and thanks to classmates who sent photos in. I even got a baby gift for being the gal there closest to her due date! One of my friends is due 6 days after me so it was a close call! The top picture that is sideways is my friend who is due 6 days after me...it wasn't sideways when I uploaded it and now I don't know how to fix it...sorry Jess!

We ended the night by dancing the soles of our shoes off at a club down the road from where our reunion was held and baby and I didn't get home until close to 3am!!! I am sure she appreciated that. We were just having so much fun!

No comments: