Sunday, October 2, 2011

Twin Cities Marathon and other first weekend of Oct. festivities!

Friday night after daycare Linnea and I did some errands right after daycare while daddy cooked some yummy ghoulash for dinner. It was delicious and afterwards we just kinda played and had Tinkerbell on, yes Tink again. She loves it still! Saturday I had high hopes of getting up early, running and then going to a new park by the Midway Hamline Library and then the library for their fall festival...BUT Linnea had a rough night which means we had a rough night so we ended up sleeping until 9 and then I ran with Linnea at Como and played at the Choo Choo Park basically until lunch time. Daddy and L had lunch and the spent the afternoon together while I went to my cousin Tonja's baby shower.

I was home when she woke up from her nap, put dinner in the oven and then we headed to look for a letterbox by a playground near the Como Zoo. We didn't find the box but sure had fun at the park! Dinner was a hit (turkey, mashed potatoes and mixed veggies) and then it was more playtime/show watching and then bath and bed. Chris and I got caught up on Fringe and tried to catch up on house work after she went to bed. No pictures of any of those activities but I do have some for the rest of the blog!

I tried to go to bed early so I could get up early and run before cheering the 10 milers on but that as usual didnt work. I went to bed late but still got up early to go cheer. I was looking for 5 people and ended up seeing 3 of them so thats pretty good! Megan was one I was looking for and Brian, the kids and my parents ended up meeting me at my post at mile 7 and cheering too so that was awesome! They even made signs for us to hold! She had a great run and had pretty perfect weather in my eyes! Every time I watch a big race/run it motivates me to do more of them...I just wish they didn't cost so dang much! We (Brian, Megan, myself and maybe my hubby) do think we will be doing the Disney Marathon in Jan of 2013 though! Sadly I didnt get any pictures of Megan but we really did see her!

It was a super fun morning followed by a fantastic afternoon...we headed to Colvill Park in Red Wing to meet Chris's family including his grandparents whom we haven't seen in months. Jenny was able to bring some of the twins' clothes so Linnea has another new wardrobe again. We are so lucky to be able to get so many hand me downs! I love it! Linnea and her cousins played for about 3 hours at the park and then we decided we better get home. She of course didn't sleep on the way home but we laid her down at 4 for a nap anyways when we got home...actually she laid herself down. We asked do you want a nap or to just go to bed early and she headed upstairs and laid down and didn't want any books, she just wanted me to sing and then she said I go nigh nigh now, you go bye bye! So I did and was able to get my run in and Chris started the laundry of the "new" clothes.


Family picture!




Linnea and Naomi

Linnea and Ella on the bee!

Yummy! A Pizza Picnic!


Perfect weekend. 5 more days til the next one. At least new fall tv shows are on so I have that to look forward to as well as my fam while I am at work.

No comments: