Monday, April 30, 2012

20 Week Ultrasound!

Last Thursday April 26 was a special day for us!


The three of us had a quick, fun dinner of homemade pizzas (we are trying to not eat anymore frozen pizzas for a variety of reasons which I am sure most of you can figure out) and then headed to St. John's Hospital to see how our second baby is doing. He/she is doing very well! We saw the lil babe moving around quite a bit and it even had hiccups! He or she is about 11 oz which is right on track for 19 weeks and also has a very healthy heartbeat.
Linnea was excited to see the baby on tv and she did so well! She was very curious about the gel on my tummy and kept reassuring me it won't hurt. When she looked at the "tv" she thought the baby looked like a monster! I have to kind of agree...
The ultrasound tech asked if we wanted to know the sex...we explained that we had a bit of a dilemma...I want to be surprised and Chris wants to know. Her idea of how to handle this was great...she wrote the gender down on a sheet of paper and closed it in an envelope and gave it to us after the ultrasound and said we could decide what to do. Well Chris opened it, so he knows. I do not and don't plan on finding out until the big day in September. I don't know why I don't want to know this time, I just don't. I have heard the feeling of finding out right after birth is just amazing so I want to try it. Hope my hubby doesn't spill the beans to too many people who then spill the beans to me! I knew I wanted to know with Linnea and was happy we found out but this is a whole different pregnancy in so many ways and being surprised is the way I want to go. 
I am thinking it is a boy...
There will be a picture of my belly very soon! Because it has arrived!

No comments: