Saturday, May 18, 2013

Happy 60th Birthday Dad!!!

For my dad's 60th birthday, those of us who wanted to did a part of the Ironman bike ride. My dad and his friend did the 50 miler (they thought about doing 10 more, to do 60 miles for their 60th bday, but decided to stick with 50). I did a 29 mile route with some friends from work and a few people did the 15 mile route and one friend did a 23 mile route. So much fun! It turned out to be a beautiful day which is super unusual for this ride. It's almost always rainy, windy or cold..or all the above! But this year it was sunny and 70! perfect! I didnt get any training rides it but I think my bit of running and yoga helped me because it wasn't very hard at all :) It was a lovely route through parts of Stillwater and the Gateway Trail.



After the ride we had a potluck dinner/late lunch gathering at my parents house with plenty of friends and family. We of course headed to the park for a bit with the kids, the kids ran around the yard and then we did presents and had a delicious ice cream cookie cake made by my mom. My mom was so nice to watch the girls while I rode in the bike ride. Thank you mom!

I have more pictures from today but am having a hard time finding the cord that allows me to put pictures from my phone onto the computer....so the following blog posts wont have all the pictures I want them to but I will try hard to remember to upload more when I find this cord! I just dont want to be so behind and since Im up alone for the first time in a few nights I want to take advantage of doing the blog while watching 27 Dresses :)

No comments: