Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Dani's Run

Harper participated in her first 5k last Saturday morning! Chris is back on first shift as of the middle of August so he is around on the weekends which made doing this run much easier than I thought it would be when I signed up for it. I was thinking I'd be wearing Harper and pushing Linnea and getting out the door on time alone which is usually tricky for us.

This was a run for Dani whose life was sadly taken too soon because of domestic violence. As you may remember from previous posts, she is not the only woman I know of who is gone because of this horrible issue so this run was important to me. All the proceeds went to stopping domestic violence. I didn't know Dani but I do know her sister and from all the articles about her she was an amazing lady. So sad.

Anyways, Harper and I walked/jogged the course once with a friend and her daughter and then we ran around it once more. I signed up for the Mankato Marathon in October so I better get as many miles in as I can!








Harper and I visited GG afterwards which was fun and so much easier with just one child but I didn't manage to get a picture :(

That afternoon/evening turned out to be super busy...we met Chris' mom and sister one last time before her departure into the Army in South Carolina. She left last Monday! Allison wanted Jamba Juice one more time so we met there for smoothies and proceeded to go to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner and then to the Drive In to see Turbo. 





I have wanted to go to the Drive In the last few summers so I am glad we finally got there! I'm just checking things off the summer to do list which feels good!

No comments: