Sunday, April 5, 2015

Community Expo and a Baby Shower

Hudson, WI had a fun community expo that the girls and I went to with my parents and Erik and his boys. There were some crafts, lots of booths to put out names in in hopes of winning fun prizes, free samples and....


a mascot dance off!!! We found the free fro yo sample just before it started so we enjoyed the dancing and sampling at the same time. I didnt win anything, however my mom won a ham which we just ate today for Easter :) Well...we made a small dent in it...it was a BIG one!


From the expo the gals and I headed to my high school friends baby shower. This is her third child and we normally would not have had a shower for her but she just tragically lost her home and basically everything in a house fire. I believe it happened about a month and a half ago. Very very sad and traumatizing for her, her hubby and their two daughters, 6 and 3. They are very blessed to be okay since they were in the house but this is still definitely a life altering event. 
She deserved to have this fun party for her :)










The girls had a great time playing and I had a great time catching up with my friends. We also enjoyed the yummy food! It is a very good thing we had this shower because Katie actually had her baby the very next day! A premie! He was supposed to come April 28th but apparently he was ready to come now! They stayed in the Hospital for almost a week but he was cleared to come home yesterday so they got to have Easter at home together :)

No comments: