Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Easter in St. Paul and Woodbury

We stopped at Chris' grandparents on the way home which was so nice since it had been a loooong time since we had seen them, It was good to catch up and we will drop in the next time we are in the area as well. We made it home with time to decorate eggs! It's not Easter without doing that (even though I know Easter is not just about egg hunts and bunnies!)


 We just used food coloring and vinegar and water this year which we learned doesnt make the eggs quite as pastely. but we had fun and tried some new things too...such as putting tattoes on eggs and trying to tye dye them. 


Harper really made sure her egg was in the dye. and by really making sure I mean she smashed it right in to the sides. Oh well a lil food coloring vinegar on the egg isnt the end of the world.


The bunny stopped by and filled the girls baskets:


 My Easter/Spring Centerpiece:


Egg hunting in my old dresses from Wales!


 Still need to do the hair but they couldnt wait to find more eggs and their baskets :)


 Linnea was so excited the bunny brought her An "American Girl" Doll. I put quotes up because this doll is actually the knockoff American Girl doll from Target that I found on a facebook garage sale page for $5 :) We havent seen Linnea get as excited about anything for a while so that was great! Best $5 I may have ever spent. I just found some old clothes of ours for it and she loves it. It did come with a lil tank top and undies on it but I wanted to find something different for her to wear in the basket and I was happy to have some luck digging through our totes of clothes. 


 You cant really see here but while hiding the eggs the bunny had to use the bathroom...and it was jelly beans!


 Harper loves Curious George so was happy with her book and lil stuffed bunny too.


 The Meyers Girls!

After our hunt we zipped off to church with my parents. 

kids service.



 Family pictures at church did not go so well. I should find the one from last year which looks similar!


My mom made her usual bunny bread!

 We had our favorite breakfast pastries


 and I made an egg with fruit and some dolphin bananas which I should have taken a better picture of. 


 Mom and dad also made lil twinkie/peep cars!

 What a pretty Easter table!


We had outdoor egg hunt again but Harper cared more about just being outside and playing on the toys. 

 The bigger kids raced for their eggs though!




 There is a better family picture :)



 Erik and Lisa's family. 
 Playtime!

Grandparents and grandkids. What a special bond. 


BUBBLES to celebrate that He has RISEN!


No comments: