Monday, June 22, 2015

Hunter Jersey Day and Grand Old Day

Chris and I had our June date already and its not at the end of the month! We did a day date to the Twins Game on Torii Hunter jersey day! It was one of the few I games I knew I really really really wanted to go to. And I knew we would need to get there early so we sent the girls with my dad and got there around 10am....doors opened at 11, game started at 1 so we walked around a bit, drank a bit, snacked a bit and finally got to our seats with our jerseys of course :)





I started out in an old shirt from my grandma and left wearing the new Hunter jersey :)







We were in the homerun porch which was quite a ways away but we but we enjoyed ourselves so much anyways. We had to leave the game early to get the girls so my parents could go out to my uncles 60th bday party but the Twins ended up losing anyways. Hopefully we will make it to at least one more game with the girls and a win!



Sunday afternoon I brought the girls to Grand Old Day. I hadn't been to it in about 15 years! And 15 years ago I wasnt doing the kids area ;) Back then I had run the race, watched the parade and went to some live music and had some drinks all with friends who lived on Grand. 

This time around we stayed in the kids area...did some crafts, some jumping, fed some animals, listened to the Bazillions, hula hooped and had some yummy snocone type thing but it was fluffier and yummier. It had got very warm so this was very refreshing!





My cousin and his fiance just moved to grand so we did end up meeting up with them an walked up and down grand until it was closed. We tried some more food too...mini pancakes, cheesecurds and I was super excited to try mexicorn but I managed to lose my $20  and they ran out just as it was my turn. Oh well. Im sure mexicorn will be at another festival!


No comments: