Monday, September 7, 2015

Goodbye Summer, Hello First Grade!!!

Well the summer zipped by again and I totally did NOT keep up with this blog! I will go back and catch up but wanted to do a quick night before first grade post :) I just printed off a cute first day of first grade sign to take pictures with at home and at the bus stop tomorrow morning. I hope we all can get up and ready on time tomorrow! It has been a summer full of late nights, busy days and sleeping in. Would not have wanted it any other way tho! We ended our summer with a fun Labor Day Weekend...Friday we went to the State Fair with my parents and relaxed with a movie in the evening...



On the shuttle to the Fair!


In line for the Giant Slide!




 YUMMY Fair Fried Foods! We stuck to the normal stuff this year to save some money and because we knew the girls would eat it. We also had corn dogs and pronto pups (to do a taste test) and ice cream! Those pics are on my moms phone tho. Mine died mid day :( 



We enjoyed a great kids concert!


And we spent lots of time going on rides! Each girl got to go on 4 this year. Papa rode this puppy rollercoaster once with them and then I rode it again. Linnea remembered loving it last year and liked it just as much this year so we did it twice and Harper got to join!


They were able to do two on their own :)


This will be a fav exhibit until they are ten and cant do it anymore :) Little Farm Hands...they get to pretend to work on the farm and get to "pay" for a prize at the end with their "money" they earned :) Luckily a popsicle was a choice this year because it was an incredibly hot day!









Dad and I tried the Maple Bacon Beer this year. Quite yummy! We wanted to try the caramel apple pie beer and blueberry beer but we ran out of time, energy and money so those will be on next years list!


Taking a break to watch the parade in the sort of shade.  


We spent a LOT of time in the Miracle of Birth building seeing the babies and watching the animals be born on the tvs in there. We were there for a piglet being born but it was way to crowded to actually see it. My phone died in here so when I get the few my parents have I will try to remember to add them in :)


Cuddling up for the movie Space Buddies. 



Saturday we connected with wonderful friends Chuck, DeAnna and Barbara and their kiddoes at Chuck and DeAnna's new house.


Dads and their daughters!


We went on a very hot walk to see parts of their new lil city, Watertown.






 We cooled off immediately in their kiddie pool and basement where Harper enjoyed driving this jeep!


Linnea found some caterpillars to care for and Harper mowed the deck.




A sprinkler felt amazing...and yep I ran thru it too!


Ice cream cones after dinner!


Winding down with Monsters, Inc before the drive home.



Sunday I grocery shopped, Chris and Linnea had a daddy/daughter date interrupted by a family trip to the Riverview to see The Minions, but then their date continued with Harper and Nintendo while I made some freezer meals, but then Harper and I were booted upstairs so L and daddy could have a sleepover in the living room :)


this girl loves her daddy!


 Minions was so crowded we sat in the very very very front row! Daddy came too, he was just getting us popcorn when we took the selfie :) It was a cute movie!

Nothing like a lil late night Nintendo!
Monday, the last day of our summer vacation was spent getting our hair cut, having a family fish fry at my parents and scrambling to get everything ready to head back to work, daycare and school.


ooooh boy she is gonna be hard to get up for daycare! I enjoyed this sign of fall on my run :)



Linnea LOVES to get her haircut, colored and sparkled before school! 




 After her haircut we headed to my parents for a fish fry and corn dogs. They always catch tons of fish on a cabin trip with their friends during summer and then share them with us on Labor Day. (At least thats been the tradition the last few years!)


Harper creates interesting ways to walk/ride this trike :)


We redeemed our DQ cake win from the Twins game with the family :)


Here is my new haircut! We did it at home since I, in true Henjum fashion procrastinated, and all salons I called were closed by 5 on Labor Day. I really wanted a new look for the start of school tho so we just tried it here at home. 






Now I have an 8 inch ponytail to donate to Pantene Beautiful Lengths, an org that makes wigs for women with cancer. I wanted to do Wigs for Kids to honor Jude, our friends son who is fighting cancer but I didnt have a 12 inch pony AND they dont take any gray and I have some. Anyways...I dont think it looks terrible but I will go somewhere this week or soon to get it touched up :)


These two had a stupendous summer but are ready for 1st grade and daycare! And I am sort of ready for work ;)

1 comment:

mack said...

oh my - this was the MEGA post! so much to love, i don't even know where to start! congrats on a successful summer and back to school weekend!