Friday, November 6, 2015

End of September Fun!

We had some fun doing fall crafts...
painting with a scrubby brush, painting mini pumpkins and I think Linnea made a tissue paper pumpkin too but I didnt get a picture.



And then after that fun craft it was mommy's turn for some fun....SCANDAL finally came back on! September 24th. I totally binge watched the first 4 seasons this summer so I was all set for season 5. Now every Thursday night I have wine and popcorn with Olivia (the main character) who also loves wine and popcorn. I know. Im a dork but its very fun for me :) And I am so grateful Chris gets the girls to sleep those nights. I  generally lay with them from 8-830/9 or whenever Harper falls asleep, but on Thursdays that is Chris' job. They all sleep in our bed and then when I go up to bed, Im in Linnea's alone! hahaha! It works for us tho :)


 Linnea lounging with Cocoa...the long skinny black creature by her. 


We finally finished the fairy house and garden we have been working on since summer :)



We spent some time at our neighborhood park :)


I got to go see To Kill a Mockingbird at the end of September with my book club. What a great night! I had never been to the Guthrie in its old or new location so what a treat it was! 


We took in the sunsetting view before the play and then went out there under the stars and red moon after. Keep reading/scrolling for those :)



All set!


Brookie and I...friends from Jr High :)



Red Moon and the city lights :)



We went to the fancy restaurant connected to the Guthrie for wine and dessert. I had three kinds of sorbet and they were all delicious which I was happy about because it wasn't cheap!


We ended September with our Sept date during the last week. Squeezed it in! We decided to use our gift card to Dockside right at Como Lake. 


I was adventurous and tried a bloody Mary made with tequila! It was yummy but super filling and spicy!


 The lovely old building from the outside and the beautifully redone inside. 


I got catfish corn cakes which were essentially pancakes...I thought theyd be more like crabcakes and flaky but thats okay! Chris got the chicken fried steak and veggies and we shared some tasty hush puppies. 



 We ended our date with a romantic walk around the lake :) Thanks again to my parents for watching the girlies!



2 comments:

mack said...

another heartwarming post. i just love it. and there was brooke! i can't believe all the stuff you do - and a bookclub on top of that?!? so well rounded!

mack said...

oh, btw, we went to the guthrie's restaurant for our post-marriage dinner with my parents (it was "Cue" at that time) - it was nice.