Thursday, November 6, 2008

Walk/Run for the Apples





Okay so the Run For the Apples which happens every mid October is quite possibly my favorite fun run! One of my best friends Mikey and I have run it together we think the last 4 years...however this year we had to adjust since I have this cute little miracle growing inside me. As active as I have been able to be, I just don't have the ability to run in me right now, much less run 5 miles. So Mikey's friend and I walked about 3 of the 5 while Mikey ran it. It was a great day for it...very sunny! So we enjoyed our time at the orchard walking or running, ate the treats of an apple, cookie and cider after the run/walk, went into the great gift store and bought some apples and apple ciderdoodles (similar to a snickerdoodle but better!) and cider and then made our way home. I think I probably napped afterwards and then made some apple crisp! YUMMY!! Can't wait to run it again next year!

No comments: