Friday, December 19, 2008

41 weeks...


Wow! Wow! Wow! Will you look at that bump of 41 weeks! After this somewhat stressful and emotional week of waiting, deciding whether or not to go to work due to minor contractions and the weather and to top it off getting a flat tire we are really really ready to meet our baby! I know she will cheer us both up!
After our doctors appointments yesterday and today we have set a date of this Sunday the 21st as the day to begin inducing unless she starts something on her own before that. We are truly hoping she does! It sure seemed like it last night...I woke up to several uncomfortable contractions and a huge urge to pee and aches in my hips similar to those I get after running a marathon!
We had some good news from the doctors and some sort of bad news. Last night we had an ultrasound which overrall baby passed with flying colors...her breathing and movements are great...however my fluid is getting a little on the low side for our bundle of joy, that is one reason inducing is looking safer than waiting. Our doctor, along with us is more for natural births, but when baby is at risk we will do what needs to be done. The good news is I had some gel put onto my cervix which has helped it soften and dilate. Today the doctor could stretch me to 4cm and said I was 85% effaced. All good things! We do need her to move her hand away from her face though...
So for now we will continue waiting and I am going to bake some cookies. We have our first family Christmas celebration tomorrow with my dad's side provided the weather/roads cooperate. We were planning on bringing baby in our arms...but it looks like if we are able to go she will still be in my tummy...or perhaps she will be in our arms but at the hospital!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hopefully the gel will help. I've learned that the best birth plan is to have a healthy baby, no matter what direction you have to take. Hang in there... it won't be long now.

The Johnsons said...

Good luck, Ames. I keep checking your blog and thinking of you. I was induced and would be happy to share my thoughts - you can give me a call tomorrow if you want to chat. The good news is that it all works out in the end!!!!
612-226-9527