Wednesday, December 17, 2008

No baby yet but a flat tire!

So we are now on day 6 past our due date which I guess after the first 4 LONG days, I am okay with because I have accepted that this is just something I don't have much control over. She is on her own schedule!

Apparently I don't have much control over my tires on my car either! I was on my way to work and 3 blocks away I felt a LOT of bumpiness so I pulled over and sure enough...drivers side tire was super flat! I called AAA and the good news is they are able to come, but the bad news is it will be anywhere from when I called at 7:15am to 12:06 pm...looks like I have another day off at home. My work day ends at 2 so unless I can get to work by 11 or noon I may not go. I know I need to relax but it is easier for me to relax at work with the kiddoes where I have less time to wonder about baby. I have been having contractions since due date but none so severe I have to stop what I am doing or consistent enough to head to the hospital.

Chris and I did do some major relaxing last night...we crawled into bed around 7pm, lit a sugar cookie candle, turned the Christmas lights on and watched 3 cute Christmas specials...Mickey's Christmas Carol, Winnie the Pooh's Christmas and Charlie Brown's Christmas. (well, maybe I watched more than Chris, he was mostly reading!) I proceeded to watch the end of The Polar Express as well. See...I do know how to relax!

We go for our Dr.'s appt and ultrasound tomorrow night so we will see what they say then! Have a good day everyone...I am going to do some crafts now I think!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, these are stories you will tell your kids and grandkids! the flat tire, the snowstorms, anxiously waiting, planning, hoping, praying, working. Realizing you just have to wait; wait and relax and watch christmas specials... you know you just might have a christmas baby. Well, lets hope she's ready tomorrow! Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot to say: Glad the flat tire worked out. AAA and Tires Plus came through for you. Love, Dad.