Tuesday, September 8, 2009

End of Summer Fun


Linnea has been very busy enjoying the end of summer and so have her parents!

We went to Carpenter Nature Center in Hastings on Labor Day which was wonderful! It is one of my new favorite places! As is the Red Balloon Book Shop on Grand Ave. I just discovered they have baby storytime Tuesday mornings so that is where you can find us from here on out until she graduates to the toddler time which also Tuesday mornings! Any other moms out there please join us!



The view of the St. Croix River on our walk was sooo pretty!


There is a very neat interpretive center there and a raspberry patch, apple orchard and pumpkin patch!

Megan, Brian and the boys were also there. Megan actually introduced me to this wonderful place!


Here is Ms. Linnea on her first ride!

We were able to make it out to Woodbury Days for the last afternoon of it, where Linnea got to go on her first Merry Go Round!

Daddy helped her and she seemed to really like it!


We also spent a day at Como Zoo where they have a butterfly garden and Linnea just loved it in there! So did I! I have always loved butterflies. We went with an old friend high school so that was very fun to catch up.

And we finally made it to Lake Elmo and played in the sand and went swinging! Linnea finally fits in the infant swing! She giggled and giggled in it! We went with Megan and her boys and my friend with her daughter. We all wished we would have brought our suits...it got much warmer than expected. But dipping our feet in worked and then Linnea and I went on a LONG walk (which meant a long nap for her after talking to the trees!) in the mostly shaded trails.



WEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm doing my best to fill our days with as much fun as possible and check things off my, things to do with Linnea list, because it looks as though I need to go back to work sooner than later. I have applied for many jobs and interviewed for three. I have mixed feelings and know it isn't going to be an easy transition for any of us but we will be fine. So far I have applied for Associate Educators in Mpls which is what I did last year and love and really want to do again. The hours are perfect and the pay is great. I would get home around 3 which is the same as Chris so we would have plenty of day left together. However, the jobs I have interviewed for are 12-6, Mon thru Thurs and some Saturdays. That position would be running the after school program and other Community Programs at Andersen where I have worked for like 5 years or Jefferson or Green Central, which would be new to me. I know I would love it and get used to the hours but it sure sounds better to get home around 3, than 6:30! So we will keep you posted as we learn more!






No comments: