Monday, April 26, 2010

First Official Word


So Linnea has been saying mama and dada for quite some time but just last week out of the blue while changing her we heard something else. It was different than her usual na, na, na's and on, on, on's she says. We aren't sure what she is getting at when she makes those sounds but it always seems important. Any of you who have heard her know what I mean. She also has said something that sounds like "I know". Particularly when we tell her "no" when she is messing around with the volume and other knobs on one of our tv devices looking back at us like she knows she shouldn't be doing it but alas she does it anyways. But we aren't convinced she is saying I know or no. However, back to the changing table. We are certain we heard Linnea clear as day say diaper and she knows what she is talking about. She will repeat it quietly when we ask and she will do it with a very proud grin. So there you have it. Our child's first official word was said April 21, 2010 on her 16 month bday and it was diaper. Diaper of all things. Good job Linnea! The video doesn't completely capture it but you can kind of hear it! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Amy said...

haha! I just rewatched this and I definitely am saying Diaper a lot more than she does and I recorded much longer than needed. She said it about 5-10 seconds in! oh well!

Anonymous said...

I have heard her say diaper too... also I have seen her take it to the trash.
Love, Grandpa Keith