Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Outdoor Baseball in Minnesnowta!

Who would have thought that one day in April of 2010 the Twins Home Opener would be played outside? And even more exciting is who would have thought I would be lucky enough to be there! I maybe didn't have tickets and I maybe wasn't sitting in the spectacular seats and I maybe didn't even watch the whole game but I was there! I was there working. I got to be a greeter which means I got to help excited fans find their way around the beautiful new stadium. Outdoor stadium. Baseball was meant to be played outside. Granted it snows well into March and April in Minnesota. And it rains quite a bit. And there is no retractable roof. But we have sooooo many great, sunny 70 degree days that those days will outnumber the crummy weather days. And if you are in the seats at this great new place on a nice weather day or night, you won't remember the bad weather.
The HUGE scoreboard!
One of many full houses!
April 12, 2010. Home Opener in Target Field. I don't know how anyone couldn't LOVE this place!
And what was the little Twins fan doing while mommy was working? She got to be with her grandpa all day! They played at parks, played with toys, ate and of course cheered for the Minnesota Twins!

No comments: