Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Running in the mud, Interviewing, Wild Rumpus and Pavement!

Here I am all muddy after a fantasticly fun run through puddles (more like ponds) of mud, over and under logs over the ponds (which meant face/head had to be totally submerged which I wasnt expecting, but hey it was for a good cause and called the mud run...sooo you get what pay for!), over walls and up many hills with boulders and slippery mud! It was the most fun 10k I have ever done and cannot wait for next year! Thanks to all who donated to MudRun 2010 for MS! I was lucky to be able to do it with Megan's cousins which made it even more fun than doing it alone.

So that was Saturday morning. We pretty much just hung out the rest of the weekend until Sunday night!
On Sunday night we went to a Pavement concert at the Roy Wilkins Auditorium in St. Paul. Pavement is a group that Chris and his buddies have been fans of for a long time. Chris has seen them 5 times! This was my second since they were at the Pitchfork music festival we went to in July. They definitely have grown on me and I like them! However this is their last tour.
Lucky we have grandparents close by so we could go!


Linnea was quite the hit for the everyone who met at our house before we left for the concert. She is into making faces this week. Especially a surprised face. I will have to try to get a picture of it or video and put it on here. For now, imagine a little girl with a perfectly shaped oval mouth, hands to face and eyebrows up. Pretty funny. Everyone would laugh and then she would as well and then she would do it again.

Monday morning I brought Linnea to the Wild Rumpus Bookstore again. She found a chair just her size to sit in and read.


The chicken was out in full force and let Linnea pet her and another girl carried it around! We also saw a ferret, a lizard and birds at this amazing bookstore. Tale time was also fun. We then walked a little ways around Lake Harriet and found a playground.
I thought I had better squeeze as much fun as I can into these next few days/weeks since I am on the jobhunt in fullforce. I have very mixed feelings about this. I miss working with adults and with kids but have LOVED my time with Linnea too. I know she will be fine at a daycare and have fun and it will help her grow but I sure will miss her! And daycare is sooo expensive so my job has to make a certain amount (at least as much as unemployment is paying and hopefully more so we have a profit after daycare fees!) We dont think unemployment will last too much longer so I have been much more proactive about jobhunting lately. I had an interview Monday afternoon and another tomorrow. Both for Special Ed Aides. The one Monday was in St. Paul. Super close to our house but doesnt pay much. The interview Thurs is in Edina. Long commute, but pays an amazing amt more. So we will see how it all pans out. Then daycare hunt. These are some of the not fun parts of parenting. boo.

However, a fun part of parenting is....


seeing your kids with your parents and grandparents!

We brought taco soup over to grandma tonight since I didn't have any mornings free to go visit her this week. My parents came over as well.
We have figured out the way to get Linnea to stay on grandma's lap is to push grandma and Linnea in her wheelchair!



No comments: