Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Children's Museum

Last week I took advantage of my day off with Linnea at the Children's Museum with two of my friends and their toddlers. It was so much fun! The girls are all about 2 months apart so it was a perfect group to go with. We played and played and then had lunch together. Linnea took a 3 hour nap afterwards! I have only been to the Children's Museum with 2nd and 3rd graders so it was much different going with a 2 year old! But just as fun!
We went grocery shopping...

checked out the neighborhood...

sat in a garden...

and put a dance show in the studio (video to follow)

We also discovered the "Habitot". I did not know this amazing place existed within this museum. 2nd and 3rd graders dont go in here. It was the perfect indoor playground for our girls!

above Linnea is checking out the "pond and lily pads"


taking a rest on a comfy chair

hanging out in a cave

and sliding! this was in a different nature area.

and so was this. Linnea is reaching for a fake salamander among the "creek" flowing down the rocks.

There is also a bubble and water room which we loved but I didnt get any good pictures. We didnt even go into about 2 or 3 places because it is so big and was super crowded and we only have about 3-4 hours in us at a time!
I dont know why this is underlining and cant make it stop. there is no particular reason this is underlined. sorry! hahaha.

What a great day! We can't wait to go back with daddy and hopefully cousins!
And another great part about it was that all of us got in for $8 thanks to the St. Paul Public Library Museum Passes. And parking was only $3 each!
Hooray for deals!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Children's Museum looked great.
Whenever I watch Linnea, she reminds me of my mom and sometimes Grandma Ruther... makes me happy... kinda brings 'em back in my life for a moment...
Love, Dad and grandpa