Friday, January 14, 2011

Our Week

I wish I had some pictures from our weekend last weekend but I don't so you just get to read about what we did! Daddy had lots of football watching time and mommy had skiing time! And Linnea had grandma time...well sort of and I say sort of because she slept for most of it.

Saturday I took Linnea The Red Balloon Bookshop on Grand for one of our fav story tellers. Her name is Sarah Watters and she amazing! I will be sad when Linnea is too old to enjoy her. She just has so much positive energy reading books, singing songs and playing her instruments for the toddlers/babies. We then went to a new to us library in Shoreview to track down the movie Madagascar 2 which we did and we loved watching bits and pieces of it this week. We found plenty of other fun books and DVDs too. I honestly cant remember what we did Saturday night. Probably just lounged around and continued to take down Christmas stuff or played our kinect!

Sunday was the big day of football for daddy and skiing for mommy. I took Linnea to church with my parents and then laid her down for a nap at my parents house. She napped while grandma was putting away Christmas things and my dad, our friend Stan and I headed to Lake Elmo for a great ski! We had delicious potato soup afterwards! yum!

I love the weekends when I can ski for more than a half hour and have more than 2 hours with Linnea. But I am happy to have that time to ski and wind down. The kids I work with are exhausting! Love them, but goodness they make me appreciate my daughter and the weekends!

Below is Linnea having some playtime before bed...she is in her jammies way early and before bath because we along with daycare are working on her drinking without a lid on her cup...
I think that is enough said.
Here is what I found Thursday morning when I went to see if she was up...

Below is what this Friday night consisted of for a special treat:

We made maple syrup snow!

YUM!!!!
Linnea loved it and ate it maybe a little too fast. She was very cold after her bowlful!

It is a very simple, fun, delicious thing to do with freshly clean fallen snow!
And for any of you following MN weather you know we have no shortage of freshly fallen snow! And I love it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe we did something like this with snow and kool-aid or something sweet when you kids were little and I am sure Laura Ingalls Wilder did this.
Love, bapa

Anonymous said...

We did have a great ski.! Love, dad