Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mardi Gras!

Ever since I lived in New Orleans I have had a special place in my heart for Mardi Gras and have celebrated it one way or another up here. The first few years I was home I went to Dixie's for Cajun Cuisine, drinks and music and then when I lived with Chris we had a party and the past two or maybe three years my parents have hosted a party full of fun New Orleans foods, music and of course our family and friends! My mom makes some amazing Jambalaya, Gumbo and King Cake. I have provided the Red Beans and Rice and beads. My mom made some muffaletta wraps, bread pudding, Mardi Gras Punch this year too. She was so busy! Friends and family have brought things such as beignets, Hurricances, wine, Abita Beer, shrimp, salads, purple and green grapes representing two of the Mardi Gras colors and pecan pie. Maybe I will try to make some pralines next year! We got only a few pictures and they are of me holding my friends baby and Linnea looking at her. The other one is of Linnea and my friends other daughter Isabelle playing...my dad has more that I will try to post on here soon!



No comments: