Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Eve!

Christmas Eve was another lovely day/evening. We had a few things to do but still left around 1 for the celebrating to begin. Chris brought some Hardees breakfast for us and picked me up a peppermint mocha which is my fav holiday drink. He also made some last minute fudge and turtles. Linnea did her huge Christmas Eve floor puzzle the elf left for her as his farewell gift. 



yummy fudge!
We stopped at GG's for a while before heading to church. My parents and Dwight's were there at first with some meat, cheese and crackers and of course plenty of cookies. I provided fresh baked Christmas banana bread and reindeer mix. Chris and sleeping Harper had to turn around and go back home since we forgot a very important present. When they came back it was just Linnea and I and GG. But Erik and Dylan arrived shortly after with some fun lil signs to take pictures with. Jake had also fell asleep so he and Lisa waited in the car. GG loved our visit and I hope it brightened her day and reminded her of the many wonderful Christmas Eve's at her house. We made her a photo book of all the visits we did throughout the year and then some of our favorite family shots.












Church was very nice but a lil long. The kids all did great! A little listening, a lil coloring and writing and really enjoying Silent Night by candlelight :) 







We walked out and it was dark and snowy! My fav!


We had a delicious ham dinner at my parents before opening gifts. The kids had fun playing in between eating and opening gifts. 









Lisa made an awesome doorway puppet theater for Linnea :) She LOVES it!


My parents are continuing the tradition my grandparents did of giving jammies to their grandkids on Christmas Eve to wear home so they are all ready for bed.



All ready for Santa :)


                                                    Before we knew it, it was 10:30! 
Lisa had downloaded an app showing where Santa was and he was getting closer so we packed up and headed home. Linnea talked the whole way home until we were about 5 minutes away when it was all of a sudden quiet. I looked back and sure enough her head was down and she had passed out. Im not sure Harper had followed suit though...

Daddy carried Linnea up and she went right back to sleep so Santa would come. She told me just what cookies to put out and not to forget the carrots and reindeer mix :) I wasn't far behind the girls going to bed since I started to feel sick on the way home. And unfortunately, sick I got. All night long. The girls and daddy were fine though so they had Christmas Day downstairs without me until I was ready to come down around 6pm. I opened my gifts and we watched The Polar Express since I still wasn't 100% that's all I could do.

Santa Came!

A Brave dress for L, a piggy bank toy for H and duplos for them to share :)

Brave the movie as well :)
More pics to come...Daddy took a few :)

We hope to celebrate with the Meyers on New Year's Day. I felt so bad we couldn't go down and celebrate on Christmas Day.

1 comment:

mack said...

all your xmas activities Look great - so inspiring! so sorry you were so sick - what a bummer! hope you're Feeling better. happy new year to all of you! love, mack