Thursday, April 10, 2014

Como Zoo

We spent 5 hours at the Como Zoo on Thursday of break and it was FANTASTIC...except for one incident which I will tell you about later in this post...
Our day started out at lil Explorers which I've written about before because we love it so much. 
Our neighbor friends came to this with us as well :)

The theme for this Thursday was rockin reptiles and Linnea worked on this turtle for easily 25 minutes...longest I've seen her work on something in a while :)


And Harper colored for a few seconds and then was back to walking around and climbing on chairs:


Linnea did some matching, we listened to storytime and then walked through the rainforest with our friends.




Our friends headed home but we headed to look at the conservatory and then made our way out to the animals even though a snowstorm, yes another one, was coming.



So lovely to be in with the green and colorful plants and flowers again!


 Even Francine/Stanley was with us :)




Smelling the flowers and splashing in the water in the playroom.



Okay so the gorilla. This is where the incident happened...I don't really know how to say it so I will just say it. He ate his poop. Like a lot of it and chewed it and it was disgusting, however Linnea was really interested in it...or maybe just in shock. She had never seen anything like it before...he just stuck his hand behind him grabbed what he seemed to think was a treat. Since it is normal I think(?) for gorillas and L was intrigued I handled it for a little while but then he started making pictures with it on the window and I just had to be done. 



 Harper loves pointing and squealing at all the animals she sees...very cute :)


 There was a baby giraffe...Rosie I think was her name.


 We loved the quick cute lil arctic fox, the big cats and of course the polar bear is always a hit :)


We decided last minute after supper to bring my mom a surprise birthday treat...some cheesecake bites for us adults and ice cream sandwiches for Linnea and Harper since Linnea was certain she would not like the cheesecake bites.




Linnea wearing my flower girl dress and dancing with her papa prince/husband.

We will do a combined birthday party and Easter this Sunday but we just wanted to surprise my mom for fun too. We also called her from the zoo and sang to her. Our whole crew. Im sure it was great :)


No comments: