Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter With Family

We celebrated Easter with my side and my parents birthdays on Palm Sunday. 
Big fun day!

Except it wasn't so fun for Chris and Harper since they spent most of the day at urgent care having tests done to figure out why Harper had a fever of 102.5 under the arm that wouldn't go away and a terrible cough :( She also broke out in a rash the previous Wednesday which I rushed her to the dr for before work/daycare. The dr thought it was just a case of hives since it was gone by the time I got there but I think there is a connection. Back to Sunday, her white blood cell count was so high so they knew it was a bacterial infection somewhere but couldn't find where. After everything was done that could be done (catheter to check for UTI, blood draw, stool sample, throat culture, ears looked at, ect) they gave her an antibiotic shot and said to come back Monday to check her white blood cell count again. So anyways...she did nap well after all that and seemed pretty good by the time we got home. Chris took Monday off and brought her back in.  Her count was still high so another shot was given. Harper spent Tuesday with my parents just to make sure she was okay and then finally returned to daycare on Wed. Whew.



Okay well back to Easter/bday celebration...

post egg hunt!
I helped in Sunday School during the Palm Sunday service and then we headed over to my parents. I got to play Easter bunny and hide the eggs in my parents backyard while papa and Linnea played, mom baked and we waited for Erik and family to arrive. We did the egg hunt first and it was so fun to see these cousins running around finding the eggs...see above picture :) I have some more but they are on my old phone's memory card so Chris needs to help me with that situation and this post will have a few more pictures :)

After decorating some eggs we enjoyed our delicious Easter brunch, watched a show during meal clean up and then headed outside for a chilly bike ride/walk and playing at the playground.

my mom signature bunny bread!
We have more food pictures too...which I know is everyones favorite. I made muffins and jello jelly beans :)

Our parents opened presents when we came and then we were a little hungry after our outside time so we busted out the birthday desserts, sang happy birthday and ate again. We had banana creme pie and an orange dream cake. Orange Dream Cake made by Chris and Linnea...a can of orange pop and vanilla cake mix...so easy and pretty yummy too.

Grandma and Papa and some of their sweet grandkids.




No comments: