Sunday, February 21, 2010

Babysitting Swap and Weekend Fun!


Last Monday Linnea spent her first day since daycare with a nonfamily member watching her! However, Breanna and Linda are like family to us so we felt completely comfortable leaving Linnea with them. We have been family friends with Linda Potts and her family for almost 20 years and Linda works with babies so we knew she was in good hands! Bre is her niece who also loves and works with kids. I know the three of them had a blast together! And I had a blast with my dad, cousin and Linda's husband skiing at William O Brien State Park in Stillwater. As much as I love skiing at Como Golf Course which is only about 8 minutes away, it was so nice to go somewhere else and be able to ski a bit longer and not do the same loop over and over again!
Even though I did get this long ski in and I did the 33K City of Lakes Loppet I have decided to switch to the shorter of the two races coming up this weekend.
The Birkiebeiner Ski Race Weekend. The big one is 50K which my dad is still doing and the Korteloppet is 23K. That is what I will be doing. I have done the 50K in my life and I hope to be able to do it again I just haven't got enough K's in to do it and to enjoy it. It is much harder to get out and seriously train with a little one!
But I am glad I get out as much as I can and I know I am very fortunate to be able to stay at home and have a husband get home around 3:30pm. We are lucky!
We were lucky enough to get out to another movie this past Friday as well! We haven't been to one in almost a year! We went to see Shutter Island with a few other friends. We also went out to dinner! What a fun night and a great movie! Chris read the book and was ecstatic to see the movie. I am now looking forward to reading the book! Linnea got to spend that night at my parents house since Chris and I both had to work early Saturday morning. From work I went to pick her up and then we headed to River Falls. Or more so, my mom and Linnea headed to River Falls while dad and I skied at Willow River State River on the way to River Falls and then ended up in River Falls for a lil visit with Erik, Lisa and Dylan. The two kids looked like they had fun playing while we were skiing! Erik and Lisa headed out on a date night, I had dinner with the kids and my parents and then headed home.
The picture at the top of this blog is Linnea in my ski hat while were watching Bre's little brother. Hence, part of the blog title, babysitting swap...Bre and Linda watched Linnea for me Monday and then I watched Bre's lil 4 year old bro for them on Wednesday!
It was a fun day and week! We are so happy Linnea felt better this week so we could go to music and storytimes again! Chris and I however, caught quite the cold, but we are doing better now too.
Oh, we also tried to celebrate Mardi Gras on Fat Tuesday but the Hurricanes I bought were pretty gross! So we just had a little but we did enjoy my crockpot jambalaya and American Idol and Lost and of course the Olympics! I can't get enough of them and wish I was there. I have even been able to catch Nordic Skiing since I am home during the day! So happy they are showing it on normal NBC since we do not get cable.
YAY! GO USA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whew!
What a story. I guess we have skied quite abit haven't we. Lots of babysitting too! Good times.
Love, Grandpa Keith