Monday, February 1, 2010

Rock the Cradle, Sunday January 24th, 2010


Last Sunday was a big and busy day for us and many other Minnesotans! First I will write about the super super fun part of the day! I worked from 5:15am to 11am and then hurried home to get ready to bring Linnea to Rock the Cradle, one of Chris and I's favorite radio stations puts this great free event on every year, however we have not had a reason to go until this year! Linnea was barely a month old last year so we decided to wait until this year to bring her. At 1 I know she got a lot out of it! She gets a lot out everything we do together. She is just so observant, good and happy! Anyways...many local singers were there making many of their songs kid friendly, the djs did storytimes, there were musical instruments to be played, family yoga, a disco ball with dance music for the older kids and a babylap time for the younger ones. My parents, Brian, Megan, Dylan and Ian were able to join Linnea and I. Chris sadly stayed home because he was in a car accident on Friday on his way home from work and was still VERY sore Sunday. Other than being sore, Chris and the other drivers are fine. No major injuries. However, his car will be totalled so we bought a new/used car this weekend...more to come in a later blog on that! Back to the concert...
Jeremy Messersmith is above singing some fun tunes! He is the only one we got to see but he was who I really wanted to see anyways. He always relaxes our lil peanut.
Dylan looks quite relaxed as well.
And here are the lovebirds.
3 Generations.
Grandpa and granddaughter!
And a little bit of our dancing queen.

1 comment:

Megan Zeilinger said...

The love birds are oh so cute! And Dylan looks absolutely weird in that picture! But Linnea was so cute in her little Vikings outfit! Too bad about that accident, though! It was crowded and busy but I would definitely do it again next year. I wish we would have been together in the disco because the kids have never had more fun dancing! And Ian's got some real moves! Much better than me! (I think Brian secretly takes him to raves and teaches him how to dance to techno music!!!)