Sunday, February 14, 2010

Candlelit Ski and City of Lakes Loppet

Yay Mommy and Grandpa,
Love, Linnea


Last weekend my dad and I successfully finished the City of Lakes Loppet. A 33k race from Theodore Wirth Park in North Minneapolis to Uptown. It is by far my favorite race ever. However this year since I haven't really been training I definitely just skied it to ski it and finish. No racing here, I even took breaks on the uphill! oh well, becoming 30 and a mommy does that to some people I guess!
Chris and Linnea didnt make it to cheer us on so we took this picture in our kitchen afterwards. Do you like our matching hats!?I have always wanted a hat that has a race name on it.
It is a beautiful race through parks, bogs and over lakes. The night before we always do the Luminary Loppet which is a very leisurely ski around Lake of the Isles lit up by luminaries. I didnt have my camera for that event so you will have to check out cityoflakeloppet.com if you want pictures of how pretty that night is!


Another pretty night was a few weekends ago out at Wild River State Park. My mom and I joined my dad and some of his co workers for a soup dinner before our night on the candlelit trails. I love winter!

No comments: