Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

These not so Irish eyes were smiling all day!! Nope I'm not a bit Irish but ever since college I have decided to celebrate in one way or another anyways!
Mostly I just love to celebrate any holiday.

We had such a wonderful day yesterday! Since I uploaded these pictures exactly opposite of how our day went you will hear about our day backwards!
We ended it with some lovely green or minty desserts...green rice krispie treats (the leprechauns must have got into them), thin mints and green sprinkled frosted sugar cookies. yum.
And also yummy...my Irish Beef Stew. I made it a few years ago and it was a hit so we make it every year on St. Patrick's Day. I think we should make it more than just this day though...it's so delicious!
Here are two pictures of me and my lucky charm! One in our house after her long nap and before our guests came over to celebrate with green beer, green pistachio pudding, salad, Irish Soda Bread and Irish Stew. And the one below is at the St. Paul St. Patrick's Day Parade where we began our day.

Pig Tails + Shamrock Headband = adorable.


Linnea enjoyed seeing the dogs.
We even saw some green ones. The girl can spot animals from anywhere! When she sees them you know it, because she points, squeals and kicks her legs if she is sitting. It's quite entertaining!

And here is a very excited little Irish boy! He is my friends son who had a blast looking at everyone dressed in St. Patty's Day gear, the "floats" and the cars, but I think the highlight was getting the candy!

And the whole gang, minus my parents who were taking the picture.

Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!

We hope you enjoyed yourselves and had something green!

No comments: