Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Palm Sunday, "treasure hunting", swinging and QCumbers!

This past Sunday was a great day. A really, really great day. It started with a 5 mile run...farthest I have run since last August and it didn't feel too bad! This half marathon over Memorial Day Weekend is looking more and more doable. I am enjoying finding new routes and using the GPS on our Garmin watch and/or Chris' phone. It's fun to know how far you are going for sure without driving the route first.
Anyways...after the run Linnea and I went to the Palm Sunday church service with my parents. Chris didn't come because he went on his run and had to work after that. The above picture was during the children's sermon. Linnea walked right over to our friend Tom and rested her hand on his knee and gazed up at him. So sweet.
And here she is convinced the entire congregation is singing to her.
I'm not gonna lie, it was quite fun bringing her up to front of the church, and I think she got a kick out of it too.
After church and lunch at my parents house we headed out to Richfield to continue the difficult process of going through my grandparents old house. The house my mom and her family grew up in. There is a lot of stuff in this cute old house! I have found many treasures that I know I will use and better yet, they remind me of my grandparents and their house. I enjoy going over there but it is overwhelming as well. Brian, Megan and their boys came and found some nice things to fill their home with so thats good. Erik, Lisa and Dylan were also able to stop by and find some memorabilia. Also good.
But even with all of us there it was somewhat stressful so we took a break to play at the park down the road, the same park my cousins and I played at many years ago. It is close enough to walk so off we went. As you can see above, Linnea loves swinging, she is doing her full face smile!
And Dylan looks pretty happy as well.
Weeee!
We worked so hard at the house and at the playground that we needed to eat and decided we would attempt Q.Cumbers. A delicious salad bar/hot food/dessert buffet not too far from the grandparents old house. With the two toddlers and one preschooler and us adults it went surprisingly well! Here is Linnea looking out the window since she was done eating.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She was a real treasure at church, it was nice when she stopped to see Tom and yes she thought the whole church event was for her. She is a treat.
Love, grandpa K