Thursday, January 17, 2013

What we've been up to...

Sorry I have been neglecting the blog...I have been back to work for 2 weeks now and the goal for the last two weeks was to figure out how to get out the door on time with everything I need, (pump, lunch, phone, etc.) and get everyone where they need to be and dinner on the table and somehow finding time to play/spend quality time with the girls and exercise...it.is.hard. Both staying home or working have their ups and downs and both are hard...I would take the staying home one though if given a choice. I've done both, and that is what I prefer. Its hard to leave these two:


But it does make it easier knowing Linnea loves her preschool and Harper is with daddy :)

Anyways...the first two weeks back weren't awful. I do like my job and I love my co-workers. I, however, do not love that I got switched from being in my awesome room that I was in for a year and a half (including summer) to being a float. Which means I am in a different room almost daily which makes it very hard to build any relationships with the students and teachers. It is a mystery to all the staff why the principal thinks this is a good idea. Our students with their severe to profound disabilities (and most students and people) appreciate and need consistency, and this is anything but consistency. Oh well, I will make the most of it, keep my eyes open for other jobs and be happy I have a job. I think Chris enjoyed being a stay at home daddy for the 4 days he was here, however we both feel like we never have a day off and are always working, but such is the life of being a parent. We wouldn't trade it in for anything, but are going to try harder to have/make time for just the two of us this year. Pretty sure we only had about 6 dates of just the two of us all year in 2012 so we hope to double that in 2013. 

Onto the pictures of what we have been up to before my return to work and within my first two weeks back. I am not 100% sure when each of these was taken so I am putting them all on this post and will try harder to update more frequently next week. I also apologize for the quality of some of the pictures, they are from our phones, updated to Facebook and then taken from Facebook which aren't always the best:

ponytail baby!

experiment time again!

We went as a family to Wednesday morning Preschool Storytime at the Red Balloon Bookshop for my last day of maternity leave. We also picked up Caribou for lunch and goodies and I got to go skiing. With our schedules this was the last full day together as a whole family we would have until Martin Luther King Jr day that I and Linnea have off. (which is now soon since I waited so long to blog!)
 I also took Linnea sledding later in the day after her nap. The hill behind our beloved choo choo park is perfect for her. The girl LOVES sledding and goes down all by herself! Someone had made a little snow fort she also enjoyed climbing on.





This was taken at a baby storytime, the baby fell asleep.
But Linnea still loved it!
Cutest lil Vikings fans! The Vikes suprisingly had a chance to make it to the playoffs so we dressed in purple and gold to cheer and watch with Daddy when he got home from work, but the game was turned off rather quickly. I think we watched an hour together, I went to put Linnea to bed and when I came down Chris informed me it wasnt worth watching anymore. What a bummer to have such a crappy game when Chris could actually watch it since it started at 7 on Sat night instead midday Sundays when he is at work now. Better luck next year Vikings!

No comments: