Monday, February 11, 2013

City of Lakes Loppet!

Well the first weekend of February has come and gone and now it's almost Mardi Gras and Valentines Day! I LOVE the first weekend of Feb...it always involves a part of or all of the City of Lakes Loppet and very fun urban ski race. My dad decided last minute to do it "with" me. He was in a different wave and finished about 15 min or so ahead. It is a quite challenging but super fun 33K ski race starting at Theodore Wirth Park in Mpls and finishing in Uptown. This year we got to finish on Hennepin Ave where tons of snow had been hauled in. I didn't get much training in this year so it was likely my slowest time but I was still able to finish and felt pretty good. 
It was a perfect day for a long ski...not too cold, the snow was great and it even snowed a bit.




My mom got to spend the day with the girls (or the family dog which Linnea keeps pretending she is) while we skied. 
Some year I hope they can come cheer us on!
We ended the day at Julie and Bob's to "watch" the Superbowl and have some yummy food!

1 comment:

mack said...

Looks like you had so much fun!!! You look great in your green hat and pink ski digs! We're back online, but not blogging yet cuz I think the internet connection is a little slow yet. We might actually move next Friday and then I will do a blogging marathon.
Love, MacK