Monday, November 23, 2009

11 Months Old

Here is our lil Linnea. 11months old. Only one more month of these pictures with her elephant which means only one more month until she turns the big ONE!!!! I am getting very excited for her special day. (Not to mention my big day a few days after hers. Then Christmas. Then a wedding. We have lots of happiness in our lives right now!)
She is such a joy to be around. I cannot believe we have been parents for almost a year. We have learned a lot and had so much fun with our lil lady. She has been discovering all kinds of new things lately. She kisses her toys. All of them. Sometimes even if they don't have a face, she thinks they deserve a kiss. What a nice girl. She has figured out how to cruise along all of her toy tables and sometimes in her crib. Just last night she figured out how to sit up. Now this would be great news if it happened during the day when she could stay sitting up and play. But it was bedtime and she was alone in the dark in her crib which lead to a terrified scream. She didn't know how to lay back down. SO I went in to help her. I know I am not supposed to. I know she would have eventually gotten tired enough and tipped over to fall asleep. blah blah blah. I even decided to break all the rules and pick her up and rock her back to sleep. I laid her back down and guess what? No harm done! She stayed asleep. She had one outburst at 11 but put herself back to sleep. She isn't going to let me rock her forever and the next baby may hate being rocked so since Linnea likes it and it works for us we are doing it.
What else does she do? She scoots, (crawling is for the birds), she usually takes one 1-2 hour nap a day (apparently 2 naps a day are for the birds in her eyes too, I keep trying and she keeps winning and is up not napping), she claps, she dances, she waves, she says mama and the occasional dada and random happy screams/yells and she laughs a LOT! She is a social butterfly like her mommy. She is so happy when we go out and about! Peekabo is one of her favorite games and she is realizing she has favorite books.
We love you Linnea!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

What an adorable daughter you have, Amy! It sounds like she will be a social butterfly and have a loving heart just like her mommy. Almost one - I can't believe it!

Anonymous said...

Well said, Lisa. Amy, I always enjoyed rocking you guys to sleep. Love, Grandpa Keith