Thursday, July 15, 2010

Elena and Allison!

Meet Elena Elizabeth Potts.

She is an adorable and sweet infant that Linnea and I watched for 3 weeks!

Elena's mommy had to go to back to work early and we had decided a while ago that we would do "daycare" for Elena. Turns out, Linnea and I are not quite cut for an addition quite yet.

Linnea had her jealous moments of throwing herself on the ground crying out no mama when I would hold Elena or feed her. But she also had her helpful moments of gently pushing Elena in the swing, rocking her carseat, bringing Elena her pacifier and bottle, throwing her diapers away, taking wipes out (all of them, but still helpful in her own way!). Elena even got a few kisses!
I know when the time is right she will be a great big sister and mommy's little helper.

But even with Linnea getting used to her, it was was still very hard to keep up our very busy schedule and routine. There are a lot of little things that helped me make this extremely hard decision but I know I did the right thing for our family.

I truly admire all you mommies of two kids under two!
It is a lot of work and we just aren't ready for that quite yet. Linnea needs so much still and a 4 week old also needs a lot. We had Elena from when she was just 4weeks old to when she was 7 weeks and had a lot of fun going to the zoo, to music class, on walks, to the beach and just playing at home.

My sister in law Allison came to help a few days of our last week together which made the beach outing and bottle giving and me just getting stuff done in general much easier.
While Allison was here the camera was missing so we dont have many fun pictures from that week. I wish we did though because we took her a Saints Game and the River Falls Days Parade with my brother, sister in law and nephew Dylan. Dylan and Linnea LOVED running out to get candy, the bands and getting sprayed with a hose during the parade! It was a cooker but still so fun.
Allison also helped me bring the two kiddoes to the Little Gym. Linnea had her free trial class and we liked it so much I think we are signing up for the remainder of the session. It will help Linnea with her not so existant climbing and stairs skills and confidence in general.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy, Too bad it didn't work out. But it just wasn't fair to any of you. You couldn't give them both the attention you wanted to give them. I know you thought long and hard about it... you didn't want to let Mike and Eren down, Elena down, Linnea down and struggle so much. You made a very difficult decision and the right one.
Love, Dad