Friday, July 9, 2010

Happy 4th of July!


Sadly this post will be without many pictures but here is one new one of our lil girl in her new pjs from daddy. She loves the giraffes on them! I have managed to misplace the camera! Boo. I know it will show up, it always does so when it does I will do a picture post. For now, you get to read what we did for the 4th of July weekend!

It was fabulous! Saturday the 3rd I got up early and got a 5 mile run in on my own which was was wonderful! I do love taking squirt in the jogger but sometimes its nice to run and be with just me! So after that I woke Linnea to go to the strawberry patch with my whole family. Chris decided to sleep in and meet us at my parents house for the strawberry processing. It was so cute to see all the kiddoes picking or moreso eating the berries together! We got $45 worth of berries which was enough to make strawberry jam, strawberry bread, strawberry sauce and have some berries left for cereal and just eating. YUM!

While the ladies worked on the berries the dads got to play in the water with Dylan, Ian and Linnea. Well I played in the water some too. It was soooo hot! My parents put up a slip and slide, a wading pool and a sprinkler! It was a regular old waterpark in their yard.

For the actual 4th we had planned and hoped to go to Willow River State Park to hike, picnic and play in the water again with the whole family but the forecast didnt look so good so we cancelled those and each family did their own thing for most of the day. Chris, Linnea and I still went to a beach and playground for a little while, then did some cleaning and baking for my parents who came over for a cookout and a walk.

Linnea and Chris went to bed shortly after that, but I got a secondwind and met Brian, Megan, Dylan, Ian and my parents for the fireworks.

Monday Linnea and I helped my parents at my grandparents old house in Richfield. Chris helped after work. We are working hard to go through grandma and grandpa's things and clear the house out. It is quite the project but we are believe it or not getting there!

It was a perfect 4th of July Weekend!

No comments: