Thursday, July 29, 2010

Our Week in Words...

This is the last blog of just words since our camera came today!!! hooray!
We are pretty sad we didn't have it this week though because we did some pretty cool things...

Saturday morning began early for me since I met my friend at a church in Afton around 7am for a food harvest...you get a ton of food for $8! Bread, veggies, more bread, more veggies and fruit! I think it is food that a grocery store can't sell anymore but it is still good enough for us! After I loaded the car up I went on a great 8.5 mile run from Afton thru historic downtown Hudson and back. Let the real marathon training begin!

After the run and putting the food away and playing with the squirt I got ready for my friend Aliya's wedding shower which was very nice! Lots of yummy food and great conversation and catching up with old friends. It was right during Linnea's naptime so I got to go alone. Don't get me wrong, I love bringing my sidekick just about everywhere but sometimes it's nice to just go alone and be able to eat in peace and talk in peace and just worry about me!

Sunday was Chris' 32nd birthday and he wanted to hang out with his two favorite ladies (me and Linnea in case you were wondering, heehee) and just have a low key day so that is what we did. We slept in and then had breakfast at Keys Cafe and stopped at Best Buy and a playground on the way home. Once home we played a little and then laid Linnea down and watched the Twins game and relaxed. I got a bike ride in while Chris had some Chris time and then he grilled us burgers and corn on the cob and I made a pasta salad. After dinner we walked to Conny's Creamy Cone for an ice cream treat! YUM! Happy Birthday Chris!

Monday Linnea and I and my friend along with her twins and niece went to something new to us this summer! We went and had a playday at the Midway! The Midway Stadium is where the St. Paul Saints play but on some of their off days they open the field up to kids! The bounce houses are open, the bases are there to run around on, the swingset is up, crafts are going, tee ball is set up, Mudonna the pig mascot roams and dances about and there are bubbles!!! Bubbles just happen to be one of Linnea's new fav things! We even hear her say bubbles every now and then when she is not speaking in her own language or signing more. She also loved Mudonna and gave many high fives!

Tuesday we had our music class and drove around a lot while Linnea napped and contractors put in two new doors for us! We also hit a new beach (Lake Josephine) in the afternoon because boy was it HOT!!!

Wednesday we made it to The Little Gym again. We will be going every Wednesday morning at 10:15 for Linnea's class! We haven't paid for many of our activities so we thought we would sign her up for this class. It is halfway done but we decided to do it anyways! We have friends from our New Parent Connection class who also go. Linnea and Allison have known each other since they were just a few weeks old so its fun to see each other at this class. The Little Gym will help L with her confidence and climbing skills and being even more social! They do different activities every week and the teacher is amazing. Linnea is so happy when we are there! The Little Gym is in Woodbury so we usually will bring grandma lunch afterwards and visit with her until Linnea needs to go to sleep.

Wednesday night Linnea got to have a sleepover at my parents house again and Chris and I stayed in a Bed and Breakfast in North Hudson called Escape by the Lake. And it definitely was an escape! I know we just had a trip to Chicago but this was nice to be just the two of us. There was a lake right outside our window, the house was beautiful, the hospitality was wonderful and so was her breakfast! We didn't eat again until dinner today! We wish we could have stayed longer. We were literally just there overnight. We ate dinner at Dolce in Hudson which was very yummy but the wait was soooo long for our food! We didn't get it until like 8 so we weren't back to the B&B until almost 9! Oh well...perhaps next time we will have time to take advantage of the paddleboat and relaxing view of the lake with a book!

I think that is it for now...as I said...most blogs from here on out will be with pictures again! Tomorrow we are checking out a new splash park in the morning provided it isnt raining! so stay tuned for those pictures!

No comments: