Sunday, August 8, 2010

Grandma's Garage Sale

So after months/years of organizing and cleaning out my grandma's house while she has been living at the Woodbury Estates we finally had a garage sale this past weekend. I unfortunately didn't take any pictures but it was quite the sale full of lots of memories for us. The picture above was taken one day of preparing. As you can see in the back ground the living room is cleared out besides those boxes! In fact after this sale, almost everything is in the garage! It's an empty house which is weird and sad but a huge accomplishment at the same time. The upstairs and kitchen carpet is even ripped out!
In the picture Linnea is sitting in an elephant magazine rack that she enjoyed climbing into. But she could never figure out how to get out. She also tried to push it around but that was also frustrating because there are no wheels so it just wouldn't move. Oh well at least she was kept occupied with this or with old blocks, dolls and a pull along duck while we packed things up.
The sale went really well! There is still a lot left to decide what to do with but a lot of things also found new homes which makes us happy.
Linnea and I had a fun sleepover at grandma and grandpa's old house in Richfield with my parents on Thursday night so I could be there bright and early to help set up. It reminded me of all the time we (my brothers and I or my cousins and I) slept over and grandma made us pancakes or waffles or something delicious for breakfast.
Linnea slept great over there at bedtime and at naptime which was so helpful! I could help with pricing, setting up and cashiering and I even got to sneak to a garage sale and buy her some more jammies, shorts, sundresses and tank tops! We also walked to a new park during the sale and Linnea also helped me set up bedding in the front yard. By helping set up I mean flopping down on it.
Like I said before, I'm glad so many things found new homes. I am also glad I have so many things of my grandmas.
Now to figure out what to do with the rest!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad there wasn't any pancakes but there WAS zucchini bread thanks to you and thanks for your help.