Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Veggies and Flowers!

So a few months ago I posted pics of our before garden...here are finally some after pictures of the garden! It turned out pretty good but we still need to work on our green thumb or maybe get new soil. Either way, we ended up with enough veggies and pretty flowers!
I have made one batch of salsa and plan to make more. I'm also going to attempt spaghetti sauce and maybe some canning. Tonight I made stuffed tomatoes! We ate most of cukes plain or on sandwiches. YUM! I was hoping to make pickles with our own but I'm not sure any more will sprout so I will take some of my parents cukes off their hands and make some with theirs.
As for the zuchinni...well that grew great! I have made bread, cookies, added it to spaghetti sauce, made a chicken casserole with it have sauteed it and we still have three huge ones picked and more growing! Maybe a picture will come of that!
It has been fun trying to new recipes and I have many more I'm going to attempt. It's maybe more fun for me than Chris and Linnea though.
Oh well!

Our peppers. Kind of small but still quite tasty!

Our HUGE zuchinni!

lots of tomatoes and cucumbers and there were a few snap peas hiding in the back and we tried broccoli to the side but it didnt work.

lots of beans but lots of them got attacked by something so we didn't get to eat many.

and the pretty flowers!

No comments: