Thursday, December 9, 2010

Florida for Melilssa and Joe's Wedding

Congratulations to Melissa Potts and Joe Long!!!!
On Friday, November 26th one of my best friends from High School had her dream wedding on a beach in Florida and married her best friend Joe Long. I helped Melissa move down to Florida two years ago.
One day down there, Melissa met Joe and she is the happiest I have ever seen her!
Yay for your marriage and new chapter in your life!
I am so excited for you guys and so happy I could be a part of your special day.

Here is the bride taking a breather after many busy days and before she says "I do."

I stayed with my friends Aliya and Andy who were just married in September. Before the ceremony we stopped for a drink at Gators where the reception would be. The ceremony was just a short walk along the beach from here.

Sunset on the beach. Just about time for the wedding! so beautiful!

Melissa.
Father and daughter having a nice walk down the aisle.

Cupcakes!!
Decorative napkin.
Sharing the cupcakes.
Dancing! The dance was in the sand under the event tent at Gators. How fun to have a barefoot dance!

The girls!

Friends since junior high!!!
Here is the inside of our condo...
and this was our view!!! It was a perfect place to stay and much needed break after going back to work.
We did a little shopping while down there. Here is a Christmas tree in Florida. Looks funny to me with no snow!
I even found a candy shop with the name of Meyers...guess I own a candy shop I didnt know about :)

Crabby Bills has been one of the Potts' family traditions since they discovered it about 20 or more years ago. I went there twice when I moved Melissa down to Florida and once this time.

Melissa even made time come to dinner with us before she packed for her honeymoon.

Mel went home, but Aliya, Andy and I went mini golfing where I got a hole in one! wahoo! That hasnt happened in years!
And then we found the Candy Kitchen where we bought some old fashioned candy and a big sundae! yum!

Here is the boardwalk where went shopping.

We also got to go on a dolphin cruise!
If you look close you can see some fins! We did see them close up jumping but I couldnt get a picture fast enough and my videos didnt work either...
Hooray for the ocean but when Monday came I was ready to come home and see my lil girl and hubby! Next time hopefully the two of them can come to Florida too! It is a very cute and fun area that Melissa found to live.

1 comment:

Melissa Lynn Potts Long said...

Thanks Amy! What a cool post & we were sooo happy to have you visit!
XOXXO,
Melissa