Monday, December 13, 2010

Santa at the Red Balloon Bookshop

Ho! Ho! Ho!
Linnea is very certain and sure about what the man in red says but she is not so sure about sitting on his lap yet.

Santa visited our favorite bookshop (The Red Balloon Bookshop) last Monday so I took her to see him. The description of this event said there would be singing and storytelling and people could buy a book for a homeless child and the bookstore would match the price and give another book. Three of L's fav things, singing, reading and giving. Well, turns out there was only one song which we only caught the end of and Santa's story was kind of long for an almost 2 year old. I think it was geared more towards older kids but we enjoyed it anyways.
She had a good time walking from me to the corner of the store and finding different books and toys to look at or just hand to me.

When the story was over everyone had the chance to sit on his lap for a picture. We watched this happen a few times and then I asked her if she would like a turn. She just looked at me and said in an almost crying voice no, daddy. Daddy wasn't able to come and I didn't feel like dealing with the high possibility of a screaming Linnea so we left and will try sitting with Santa another time this year. We will have a few more opportunities.

No comments: