Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Macy's

There have been ups and downs to being a working mom and one of those ups is when I have weeks/days off and get to spend them doing something extra special with my little girl.
Since I am an aide in the schools that means I have the same schedule as the students. Which means two weeks off for Christmas!
We still have to pay for Linnea to go to daycare so she has been going most of the days this past week. That gave me the chance to get out and ski, do some more Christmas shopping and other holiday preparations. But I did choose to keep her on Wednesday and we headed to downtown Minneapolis to check out the Macy's 8th Floor display. I realize its the same one as it has been for 3 years but I still love it! We didnt make it to the parade this year but hopefully we will next year.

We went with my friend Lisa and her twins! I worked with Lisa in one way or another for almost 4 years and we have become great friends!
We loved looking at the Day in the Life of an Elf display...
but we especially seeing Santa and getting some cookie treats from Mrs. Claus's Bakery! Yummy! this was Linnea's 5th time seeing Santa and after watching her friends sit so calmly on Santa'a lap she did the same! SO I bought the professional picture which I will try to take a picture of and put it on here.
As you can on L's lips, she really loved the frosting.
We decided to do a little shopping at holiday lane in Macy's and stay downtown and eat on the 12th floor of Macy's where we also had a blast. I hope to make this going to the 8th floor a tradition. I remember many fun trips with my grandparents and cousins to this special display.

No comments: