Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thanksgiving!

We hope everyone had a very Happy Thanksgiving!!! It seems so long ago! But we have just been so busy that I havent been able to post about turkey day!

We had a great Thanksgiving and have so much to be thankful for...our health, our daughter, our family, our marriage, our house, cars and jobs and I could go on and on!
The day started for me with a cold but fun Turkey Day 5k around Como Lake. Chris had to work and the weather was too cold for Linnea to be in her stroller with me pushing her so my dad came over to have a morning with his grand daughter. I think they both loved it. I was able to run to the race from our house since the start was only about a mile away but after the event dad and Linnea picked me up. I got a nice shirt out of the deal, hot cider and coffee and some granola bars and crackers. I love doing fun runs and wish I could do more. It was different being available Thanksgiving morning since I have almost always worked at Caribou turkey day morning for the last almost 5 years so Im glad I took advantage of it bundled up and went on a run.
After the run Linnea and I headed over to my parents house for the feast. Some of us even got a short walk in after the meal and played at the park in the snow. After that Linnea was ready for a nap...she slept for almost 3 hours! Chris met us at my parents after work for warmed up feast and pie.
Here is the littles turkey in the family celebrating his first Thanksgiving!
We made it over to visit great grandma before heading home. It was a short visit but I think she liked seeing us and plus we brought her some apple pie!
We left her with Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving on. And I had to get home to finish packing since I went to Florida the day after Thanksgiving for a dear friends wedding!

No comments: