Sunday, June 10, 2012

Memorial Day

Linnea and I started Memorial Day off with a walk to Como Lake and back while Chris stayed home to clean the cars which were an embarrassing disaster. They get so dirty so fast! 
As we were heading back from the lake I noticed a group of people gathered around a big snapping turtle...I thought they were just looking at it and I debated going over to look as well because we needed to make our dessert for our picnic at my parents house still but I decided to take Linnea over for a look anyways and I am so glad I did! This snapping turtle wasnt just hanging out like others we have seen...it was laying eggs!!!! We must have seen about 15 or so pop out and when we looked in the nest we saw at least 40 little ping pong sized eggs! It was very cool! Im so happy we went to look at it. I'm sorry I don't have any pics of this turtle! I only had my phone with and haven't quite figured out or tried to put pics from my phone onto the computer. I will try to remember to ask Chris and ten add those pictures to the blog!







We may have been a tad late to the picnic but everyone understood! It was a lovely picnic my parents hosted and we even got GG over...it has been a year or more since she has been out of the Estates. I think she enjoyed being outside with her family. It was a pretty warm day so the kids played in the kiddie pools but of course went to the parks by my parents house too. Playing with Brad and Sophie's dog was also a hit!


Brownie mouths! These two goofballs put frosting on their teeth to try to look like they had missing teeth. I also wanted to post this to show you that the Bryce Harper haircut is gone...we shaved it off because that was the only way it would grow back nice...I think there is another post before this with his hair but I cant remember if I wrote about it in particular. 

No comments: